Sunday, December 7, 2008

I swear I'm educated

Okay so this is a bit frustrating. Being an alternative medicine practitioner is frustrating enough, but add family/friends into the mix...well it is almost maddening. Between Mark and I, we got quite a bit of health care knowledge between us, I mean not to brag but we are pretty educated!
So if a family or friend has an illness or chronic issue or whatever, why wouldn't they take advantage of that? I mean lord knows if there was a mechanic in the family my car would be at their shop ALOT! Same with if it was a hair stylist, a computer wiz, or whatever. Of course there is a difference between taking advantage of your friends/relatives talent/business versus using and abusing it. I understand that...so why not us?
I really don't understand that? I mean what is so "weird" about doing what nature intended? Is it really so difficult to believe that doctors don't have all the answers?? Is it actually that difficult to believe that I might...okay...maybe not ALL the answers, but I can sure as hell give you a different view point. Something worth considering.
So that made me wonder is it me being viewed as the girl/relative that parties or as the kid they knew growing up, so it is hard to take advice from me seriously? Hmm...I don't know. I just can't understand why some people choose to live their lives in a bubble. I can't believe that they are content on just the answers from a guy/gal in a white lab coat...really?
Is natural medicine that scary? Or is it the land of the unknown that makes it scarier. Stepping outside the comfort zone, outside of the conventional zone. Not wanting to rock the boat or ask to many questions of his/her holiness MD? Don't get me wrong, this is not a rant on conventional physicians...okay...maybe it is a little, but truly it is not against them but the system. God forbid they actually study something outside of a 70 year old textbook.
I think if people actually new what there docs knew they would run! Did you know that in medical school the main area of study is on disease and death...wow..that's great. If I am dead I will go to them for their great advice. Almost NONE of their studies surround true prevention.
Instead they give really brilliant advice like, oh you need calcium, drink milk. HA! What a freaking joke. Do you have any idea how much calcium is in milk...let me just tell you..less then 1% will actually be absorbed, but don't worry all the hormones, antibiotics and steroids that the cow was given while on its pathetic diet will be absorbed.
I can probably go on for about 20 more pages but I suppose this is longer than I intended anyway...I guess my point is, take advantage of the talents/gifts/education of your friends/family. That is partly why we are all here isn't it? To learn from one another and better our lives? Just in case you forgot that part...also on my page are some quick and easy eco-tips to help diminish your carbon footprint.
I have lots of tips myself, and am going to put them up on a separate blog soon. Aren't you excited for it? I challenge each and every one of you to actually think outside the box and step out of your comfort zone...go for it, I dare ya!

No comments: