Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis the Season

Well... finally it is almost over...2007 that is. So a bit of New Year mish mash talk...
I love this time of year..but for different reasons than most. Now given that I am Jewish, Christmastime isn't exactly a big deal to me, BUT I do enjoy the music (well, except for those stations that start playing them in November!), I love the lights, the snow, etc...
As most Eastern European families, we have the tradition of getting a tree the day after Christmas (sometimes day of), and putting it up for the New Year Holiday. I love decorating it, and putting presents under the tree...and trying to wait till New Years Day to open them!
But what I really look forward to during the New Year celebrations' isn't so much the presents (though those are good too!!), but the actual new start to the year. It is a fresh start, a new page, or any other analogy you want to think of.
The New Year lets me correct myself! I guess like resolutions. I know this upcoming year is going to bring alot of changes, and I am looking forward to them. It also allows me to reflect on the past year and appreciate all that I have. New friends I have made, ones I have let go, etc...
Amazing how in one year you can make a friendship so solid that it is as if you've known each other for years (Hey Kelly!). Things in your life that you thought would never happen...do.
So I guess in all this mental mish mash that I just typed I am just saying to my friends, Happy New Year....may 2007 be the door you can close peacefully, as you open a New Year in 2008. I wish you ALL peace, happiness, health, and the strength to fulfill your resolutions....no matter what they are.
Lots of love...

No comments: